MISSION AND VISION
To nurture informed and joyful faith in Jesus Christ, and to transform our community and culture by engaging in caring, courageous and faithful acts of service.
1. Forest Hills Presbyterian Church will be a worshipping community. Celebrative worship is the non-negotiable element of our coming together.
2. In worship, the scriptural preaching of the Word will be central. Forest Hills strives for excellence in preaching and will continue to do so.
3. Forest Hills will place a high value on pastoral care. This ministry is central to embracing and celebrating our faith not just in times of joy, but especially in times of crisis and need.
4. Forest Hills will stand in the tradition of Mindful Christian Faith. Christian education is highly regarded at all age levels.
5. Forest Hills will affirm the importance of outreach and missions.
6. Forest Hills will value leadership, encouraging participation from as many passionately willing and talented members as possible. Leadership at Forest Hills will include discerning gifts, setting expectations, and holding leaders accountable.
We live out our vision through our blended Celebration Worship (introduced in the fall of 2012); through Deacons who care deeply for our members; through a revitalized Mission Team, which has greatly expanded the role of Missions at Forest Hills; and through engaged leaders on Session and in committees.